What do I send with my claim?
Submit the following information:
- A fully completed application
- Itemized copies of all bills you want to claim, if you need further medical treatment, see if your doctor can give you a written estimate of future expenses
- Copies of insurance or Medicare benefit statements for all expenses
- For lost earnings, copies of recent payroll check stubs and disability statements from your doctor
- For burial assistance, a copy of the signed itemized funeral bill
- For counseling, ask your therapist for an assessment, treatment plan and itemized bill or estimate
- For loss of support, send check stubs or the last tax return of the person who died, and the survivor's social security benefit and life insurance statements
Note: Do not submit false information! Doing so to get money from the State is a crime. People who get money to which they are not entitled, because of false information, cheat legitimate crime victims from limited monies that the State of Michigan provides for them.