Am I a "crime victim"?
The Crime Victim Services Commission will consider you to be a "crime victim" if one of the following applies to you:
- You suffered personal physical injury as the direct result of a crime in Michigan
- You suffered personal physical injury while trying to help a crime victim
- You are a surviving spouse, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, brother or sister of a person who died as a direct result of a crime
- You are a Michigan resident who was injured by crime committed in another state, when that other state does not have a victim compensation program available
- You are a Michigan resident who was injured outside the USA by an act of international terrorism