What losses are not covered?
The following losses aren't covered:
- Personal property loss or damage
- Pain and suffering
- Relocation costs, living expenses or the costs of participating in a trial
- Lost earnings by an injured person's family members
- Injuries received while confined in a correctional facility
- In traffic cases, crime victims' compensation is limited to the unpaid balance on funeral expenses after no-fault insurance pays
Please review the State's Crime Victim Compensation Brochure for more information.
Note: These losses might be recoverable through court-ordered restitution as part of a convicted perpetrator's criminal sentence, or through the enforcement of a judgment obtained in a civil lawsuit against the wrongdoer.