Prosecuting Attorney

Scott Koerner

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P (Criminal Division): 989.743.2373
P (Victim's Rights): 989.743.2468
F: 989.743.2237

My property was seized. How do I get it back?

If your property was stolen and recovered by the police or if it was seized by the police during an investigation, it can sometimes be returned to you before the case is done; if the items are important pieces of evidence, in most cases we will need to keep the property secured in police custody.  If a case has concluded and the defendant's right to appeal has expired, property is more likely eligible for return.  Ultimately, however, the decision whether evidence is released must be made by one of our office's attorneys.

Fill out our online Request to Return Property form  or e-mail Barbara Haber-Grinnell, our Victim-Witness Coordinator at for an electronic copy of this form. Return the completed form to our office so an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney can review it. You may be asked to come to the office to present pictured identification, particularly if the item to be returned is a firearm.