Prosecuting Attorney

Scott Koerner

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P (Criminal Division): 989.743.2373
P (Victim's Rights): 989.743.2468
F: 989.743.2237

Do I need a lawyer to help enforce a PPO in another state?

You do not need a lawyer to get your personal protection order (PPO) enforced in another state. However, you may want to get help from a local domestic violence advocate or attorney in the state that you move to. A domestic violence advocate can let you know what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your PPO, and help you through the process if you decide to do so.

You may also want to check with the prosecutor in the county where you are to see if that office can help. PPO violation hearings can turn into "mini trials" with witnesses, testimony, exhibits, etc. The local prosecutor may be required by state law to help put your evidence before the court.