Prosecuting Attorney

Scott Koerner

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P (Criminal Division): 989.743.2373
P (Victim's Rights): 989.743.2468
F: 989.743.2237

I have a temporary/ex-parte PPO. Can it be enforced in another state?

Yes. Temporary ex-parte orders can be enforced by other states, just like any regular personal protection order (PPO), as long as the abuser has been served and will have the opportunity to have a court hearing set before your temporary order expires.

The state where you are going cannot extend your temporary order, or issue you a permanent order when the temporary one expires. If you need to extend your temporary order, you will have to contact the state that issued the order and arrange to be at the hearing in person or by telephone (if that is an option offered by the court).