Prosecuting Attorney

Scott Koerner

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P (Criminal Division): 989.743.2373
P (Victim's Rights): 989.743.2468
F: 989.743.2237

How do I serve PPO papers?

Anyone who is over the age of 18, other than you, can serve the respondent. There are 4 ways service of process can be completed:

  • By the Shiawassee County Sheriff:  If you get a personal protection order (PPO) in Shiawassee County and the respondent resides in Shiawassee County, the Court Clerk will make immediate arrangements with the Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office to serve the respondent at no cost to you.
  • By a Process Server: Hire a process server.  Process servers can be found online, or you may inquire of a court clerk for a list of approved process servers in the area where the respondent needs to be served.
  • By Personal Service: Have a friend or relative over the age of 18, who has no involvement in the personal protection order (PPO) request, personally hand the PPO paperwork to the person being restrained.
  • By Mail: Serve the person being restrained by registered mail (return receipt requested) with delivery restricted to him/her. The registered mail package should include a copy of the notice of hearing (if it is for a Hearing Motion), a copy of the entire packet you filled out and filed with the clerk as the PPO, and a copy of the order.