Prosecuting Attorney

Scott Koerner

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P (Criminal Division): 989.743.2373
P (Victim's Rights): 989.743.2468
F: 989.743.2237

How do I get criminal charges issued?

Can I report crimes to the Prosecutor?

If the crime you want to report is an emergency, call 9-1-1.

In all cases, crimes are investigated by the police, not the Prosecutor. Crimes should be reported to the police department or other law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction where the crime occurred. For example, crimes occurring inside the City of Owosso should be reported to the Owosso Police Department. Likewise, crimes occurring within the boundaries of the following areas should be reported to their municipal police departments:

  • Bancroft
  • Corunna
  • Durand
  • Laingsburg
  • Lennon
  • Morrice
  • New Lothrop
  • Perry
  • Vernon

If the crime was committed elsewhere in Shiawassee County, the crime should be reported to the Sheriff. You may also contact the Michigan State Police.

For a list of all of the police agencies' contact information, please click here.

Once the initial investigation has been completed, the police department's report is filed with the Prosecuting Attorney. The Prosecutor reviewing the warrant request may send the case back to the police for further investigation. Ultimately, the reviewing Prosecutor decides what charge(s), if any, will be issued and when the charges(s) should be issued.