Open Board Positions - Apply Today!
Shiawassee County Board Positions
The Shiawassee County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve on a number of Boards and Committees. County residents interested in being considered for an appointment should submit a cover letter stating their interest and resume to: Board of Commissioners, 201 N. Shiawassee Street, Corunna, MI. 48817 or by e-mail to email@example.com by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, November 22, 2019.
The following Boards may have upcoming vacancies. Required areas of representation noted.
- Community Corrections Advisory Board
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- General Public
- Media Representative
- Business Representative
- Community Service Representative
- Probation Representative
- Economic Development Corporation (Brownfield Redevelopment Authority)
A Brownfield Redevelopment Authority provides the county with the opportunity to create a local brownfield financing resource, enhance local economic development capacities and market difficult sites based on the private investment incentives.
- Health Board
- Housing Program Advisory Council
- Mid-West Michigan Trail Authority
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Industrial Representative
- Education Representative
- Government Representative
- Sanitary Board of Appeals
- Solid Waste Management Committee
- Township Government Representative
- Environmental Interest Representative
- General Public Representative
- Solid Waste Industry Representative
- S.W Regional Planning Representative
- Valley Area Agency on Aging
- Board of Directors (Senior)
- Advisory Council (Senior)
Members must live within the Shiawassee County Zoning Jurisdiction. Member of the Board must not reside in a City, Village, Caledonia Township or Owosso Township.