Surbeck Building
201 North Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P: 989.743.2222
F: 989.743.2284

Open Board Positions - Apply Today!


Shiawassee County Board Positions

The Shiawassee County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve on a number of Boards and Committees. County residents interested in being considered for an appointment should submit a cover letter stating their interest and resume to: Board of Commissioners, 201 N. Shiawassee Street, Corunna, MI. 48817 or by e-mail to by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, November 22, 2019.

The following Boards may have upcoming vacancies. Required areas of representation noted.

  • Community Corrections Advisory Board
  • Criminal Defense Attorney
  • General Public
  • Media Representative
  • Business Representative
  • Community Service Representative
  • Probation Representative
  • Economic Development Corporation (Brownfield Redevelopment Authority)

A Brownfield Redevelopment Authority provides the county with the opportunity to create a local brownfield financing resource, enhance local economic development capacities and market difficult sites based on the private investment incentives.

  • GLS Region
  • General Public
  • Health Board
  • Housing Program Advisory Council
  • Mid-West Michigan Trail Authority
  • Parks and Recreation Commission
  • Planning Commission
  • Industrial Representative
  • Education Representative
  • Government Representative
  • Sanitary Board of Appeals
    • General Public
  • Solid Waste Management Committee
    • Township Government Representative
    • Environmental Interest Representative
    • General Public Representative
    • Solid Waste Industry Representative
    • S.W Regional Planning Representative
  • Valley Area Agency on Aging
  • Board of Directors (Senior)
  • Advisory Council (Senior)
  • Zoning Board of Appeals

Members must live within the Shiawassee County Zoning Jurisdiction. Member of the Board must not reside in a City, Village, Caledonia Township or Owosso Township.