Circuit Courthouse
208 N Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

Phone:  989-743-2397
Fax:      989-743-2439


Starting a New Case

 Parties who have a child(ren) and who have never been married are separated can begin a new case by calling The Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) 1-866-540-0008, by visiting the MDHHS Child Support Website or by filling out the following information on the MiCase Portal located at the bottom of the page.

  • If you start a case with the child support program and you are currently receiving state assistance, you are required to assign your child support to the state as reimbursement for state assistance.
  • If you do not have access to the internet you may complete a DHS-1201 form, available at your local Friend of the Court office.
  • Starting a New Case Instructions

Starting a Divorce

1. An attorney can file the following information for you:

  • Summons and Complaint
  • Complaint for Divorce
  • Verified Statement
  • Serve the other party with the proper paperwork

2. If you wish to file for divorce on your own, the following information must be completed and submitted to the County Clerk, with copies to the other party and the Friend of the Court:

  • The original Summons and Complaint
  • Complaint for Divorce
  • Verified Statement
  • Proof of Service once the other party has been served

*Please Note: Divorce forms and packets may be obtained through your local clerk's office.

*The Friend of the Court Office will schedule a Facilitation Conference to establish an ExParte, Final, or Temporary Order.

Paternity: The term paternity refers to the legal father of a minor child. A father can sign an Affidavit of Parentage any time after the birth of the minor child to admit to being the father of the child. Paternity can also be established through a DNA test ordered by a Judge or done independently. If the DNA test determines that the alleged father cannot be excluded as the father of a minor child, then a case can be referred to the Friend of the Court for a recommendation as to custody, parenting time, child support, and any other issues the parties may have.

*Please Note: If a child is conceived during a marriage, the husband of the mother is automatically the "LEGAL" father of that child, unless proven otherwise.