Circuit Courthouse
208 N Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

Phone:  989-743-2397
Fax:      989-743-2439


Intergovernmental Information

Intergovernmental Support Action

When one or both parents live outside of Michigan, several options are available to continue enforcement of the child support order. If the parent who pays support moves to another state and we need assistance collecting child support, we may have the case registered in that other state so that they can enforce child support for Michigan. If the parent who receives support moves to another state and receives assistance there, we will redirect payments to that state. If both parties move outside of Michigan, we will assist parties in registering the case in the appropriate state and may ultimately close our interest in the case.

Dealing with other states can be complicated. If you have questions about how to handle child support between states, please contact the Friend of the Court.