Circuit Courthouse
208 N Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

Phone:  989-743-2397
Fax:      989-743-2439


Info Regarding Orthodontia

Each parent is obligated to comply with the Court Order. The Friend of Court recognizes orthodontia as a valid health care expense. The other party must be contacted in writing and made aware of the choice for orthodontia, the total cost, what the insurance will cover, what the payment plan will involve, and any other pertinent information regarding the orthodontic bill.

If the other party refuses to cooperate regarding the orthodontic bill, then a Friend of Court “Request for Health Care Expense Payment” form can be submitted to our office. This must be submitted within 1-year of the date the braces were put on the child(ren). In order for our office to be able to process your request for payment you must provide:

  • Request for Health Care Expense.
  • A copy of the written notification to the other party prior to the date of the contract.
  • Copy of the contract between yourself and the provider (dentist).

The party requesting reimbursement must sign the contract and it must show that the party has committed to the payment plan. A contract is not the same as an estimate. The contract must show what the entire procedure, start to finish including initial fees and monthly fees, will cost. The contract must also show what portion the insurance company will cover. If there is no insurance involved make sure that the doctor’s office includes that information on the contract.

After we have received all requested information necessary to process a claim, we will calculate what percentage of the entire bill the other party owes and add that amount to the payer’s medical account. We calculate what portion of your monthly bill the other party is required to pay each month and we send them notification of that amount. It is both parties’ responsibility to maintain track and record of the orthodontic account.