Circuit Courthouse
208 N Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

Phone:  989-743-2397
Fax:      989-743-2439


Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQs/Information

  • All payments are processed by the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MISDU).

  • You can make a payment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by American Express, MasterCard or Discover. Unfortunately, Visa is not accepted.
    Online at

  • Over the phone - 877-543-2660 County Code 744

  • You can also make a payment:
    Through the mail - send cashier’s check or money order to: MISDU, PO Box 30351, Lansing MI 48909
    In the office - CASH, CASHIER'S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY- 208 N Shiawassee St Corunna Mi 48817, 8:00am - 4:45pm
  •  To sign up to view your account online including payments and account balances, go to

Get a financial printout? Can they be faxed to me?

The most convenient way to get a financial printout of your case is by signing up for the MiCase website at You can also request that a copy of your printout be mailed to you or request one at our window. PLEASE NOTE: FOC CANNOT FAX OR E-MAIL FINANCIAL PRINTOUTS. 

How can I obtain a payment history for my taxes?

You may contact our office to request a copy of your payment history with the Friend of Court. If it is your first request of the year, the report is complementary.

YOU MUST have up to date contact information (submitted in writing) before your report can be mailed to you.

*You may also obtain and print payment information, free of charge, by registering with the MiCase website, which provides up to date account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I can’t get time off from work; can I call in for my hearing?

You should contact the office if you are not sure. If YOU are being Show Caused your failure to appear for a Show Cause hearing will result in a bench warrant.

How do I cancel my Way2Go Debit card?

You will need to contact the MiSDU at the toll-free debit card information line (1-877-464-3324) and you will then be asked to set up a direct deposit into a checking or savings account. Checks are no longer issued for Michigan Child Support Payments, unless you meet certain criteria, this information will be available at the above listed toll-free number. A printable Direct Deposit form is available on our website, and should be mailed to the address listed on the form. For a Way2Go Debit Card information and associated fees call 844-649-9843 for more information.

I don’t have a case yet, how do I get visitation rights and will I have to pay support?

Once an action is filed through the Court a Facilitation hearing will be scheduled to make recommendations for Custody, Parenting Time & Child Support. Please see the Starting a New Case tab for more information on how to start a case.

Can I give payments directly to the custodial parent?

If you have a charging case through the Friend of the Court, you are required to make payments through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MiSDU). If you continue make direct payments to the other parent, you run the risk that credit may not be applied to your account, and it is considered a "gift".

Get a copy of my court order?

The Friend of the Court CANNOT assist you with obtaining copies of your court order. You can request a copy of your court order from the Shiawassee Circuit Court Clerk 2nd Floor 208 N Shiawassee St Corunna Mi 48817 (989-743-2262).

Move my case to a different county?

Cases can only be transferred to a different county by court order. If both parents live outside of Shiawassee County and neither lives in a neighboring county, you may file a Motion for Transferring Case with the court.

How do I update my address?

Address changes must be made in writing and include your signature. We cannot update your address over the phone. You may use our Change in Personal Information form or write your request on a blank piece of paper. Please feel free to submit your completed address change by mail, fax, or in person.  If not submitted in person, you will be required to include copy of photo ID. 

How do I change my name in your system?

Name change requests must be made in writing. We cannot update your name over the phone. You may use our Change in Personal Information form or write your request on a blank piece of paper. Be sure to include a copy of a marriage license, updated driver’s license, divorce decree or other legal document showing your name change. Please feel free to submit your completed name change by mail, fax, or in person.  If not submitted in person, you will be required to include copy of photo ID.

Stop child support because the other parent and I are back together?

Complete and submit a stipulated Uniform Child Support Order with Deviation, also state you and the other party have reconciled and provide proof that you are living together. If you are receiving State assistance, please include a copy of your DHHS paperwork to show that you are on the same DHHS grant. If you are married, please provide a copy of your marriage license as well.

How do I dismiss my case?

If the parties decide not to complete the divorce, they must file an Order of Dismissal with the Shiawassee County Circuit Court and provide a copy of this order to the Friend of the Court. This Order of Dismissal will stop the divorce action. If any child support arrearage is owed to the State of Michigan, the parties must make arrangements with the Friend of the Court to pay this arrearage; it is not automatically canceled when the parties reconcile.