Circuit Courthouse
208 N Shiawassee Street, 1st Floor
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

Phone:  989-743-2397
Fax:      989-743-2439


Facilitation FAQs

When would Facilitation be scheduled on my case?

After the original complaint has been filed, Facilitation will be scheduled by the Shiawassee Friend of the Court.

May I bring my attorney?

Any attorney of record may be present at the Facilitation. Please let us know via email if you plan on attending. The Friend of the Court encourages parties to attend WITHOUT their attorney.

Do I need to bring anything?

Yes. A Facilitation questionnaire and Domestic Violence Screening will be sent to you with your notice to appear. Please complete them both and bring the following forms with you. 

  • Your W-2 or 1099 form for the prior year or if self-employed, copies of the last three (3) years of income tax returns or three-year certified statement of earnings form an accountant.
  • Your last four (4) paystubs or a verification of income from employer.
  • If you are unemployed, proof of your unemployment benefits.
  • If you have medical/ mental disabilities preventing you from working, verification from a Physician and/or Award Letter for Social Security Disability or SSI.
  • Copies of other court actions, in any court, copies of driver’s licenses, copies (front and back) of insurance cards and/or Medicaid cards.

What happens if only one party attends the Facilitation?

An Ex Parte order would be submitted to the court based on the available information.

If the parties do not reach an agreement and an Ex Parte order is sent to the court that I do not agree with, what can I do?

If you do not agree with the order submitted to the court you may file an objection to that Ex Parte order. If the objection period listed at the end of your Ex Parte order has ended. You will need to file a motion to modify the order. This action is taken at the Circuit Court in the Courthouse, not at the Friend of the Court Office.