Temporary location due to Courthouse renovations: 1042 N. Shiawassee St. Corunna, MI 48817
(Located at the old Griffin Home/ Work Release Building/ Where the Jail garden is) Entry is located at the rear of the building
The County Treasurer is responsible for the collection and distribution of tax roll levies and is also the custodian of County and related funds including the banking of such funds. The Shiawassee County Treasurer invests all surplus monies and distributes funds to schools, townships, cities, and villages. In addition, the treasurer is a member of the County Election Commission and the Plat Board by virtue of the office she holds. The Treasurer is elected to a 4 year term by the voters of Shiawassee County on a partisan ballot in the general November election.
***for delinquent tax information please visit bsaonline.com***
Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF) program is available to a homeowner is needing help catching up on taxes or mortgage payments at www.michigan.gov/mihaf.
MSHDA opened the MIHAF program to the public on February 14, 2022
Who Is Eligible?
- Homeowners with household incomes less than 150% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homeowners who own and occupy the property as their primary residence
- Homeowners must have and explain a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19 on or after January 21, 2020
Up to $25,000 Grant Per Household to Pay:
- Delinquent mortgage/housing expenses, including property tax and insurance escrow shortages
- Delinquent land contract payments, mobile home consumer loan payments or mobile home park lot payments
- Delinquent property taxes
- Delinquent condominium/homeowners' association fees
- Delinquent homeowner's insurance,
- Delinquent utilities, gas, electric, water, sewer
- Delinquent internet broadband services