County Clerk

Caroline Wilson

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (lunch) and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Circuit Courthouse                                             
208 North Shiawassee Street, 2nd Floor                                 
Corunna, MI 48817

Click Here For Directions

P: 989.743.2242
F: 989.743.2241



County Clerk - Circuit Court Clerk

35th Judicial Circuit Court

The Shiawassee County Circuit Court is called a trial court of general jurisdiction because it has jurisdiction over all actions except those given by state law to another court. In general jurisdiction in civil cases involving more than $25,000; domestic relations cases; cases seeking equitable relief; felony criminal cases and high court misdemeanors. The Court also has jurisdiction over appeals from district courts, appeals from certain administrative agencies and superintending control over Shiawassee County District Court.

Beginning January 1, 1998, the Michigan Legislature created the Family Division of Circuit Court in all circuit courts. This Division incorporates family matters, largely juvenile proceedings, which were formerly assigned to the Probate Court. The Family Division presides over all domestic relation matters and strives to accomplish the "one judge one family" goal of the Legislature.

The Circuit Court Division of the County Clerk's office maintains all of the files of the 35th Judicial Circuit Court. The public may access files at the Circuit Court counter



 On June 4, 2021, the Shiawassee County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office along with Shiawassee County Courts entered phase 3 of the Supreme Court’s Return to Full Capacity Plan.

 Only one member of the public will be allowed in the Circuit Court Clerk’s office at a time. Pursuant to Administrative Order 2020-14, you will be required to wear a mask to enter the Courthouse and court offices regardless of vaccine status.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Civil and Domestic EMERGENCY motions, Petitions for Personal Protection Orders and Motions to Show Cause for Violation of Personal Protection Orders can be filed by email at

Case initiating documents should be mailed along with the filing fee to the Circuit Court Clerk's office, 208 N. Shiawassee St, Corunna MI 48817. Please DO NOT email filings that you send through the mail.

Filings that require the return of documents should be mailed with a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Circuit Court Clerk's office, 208 N. Shiawassee St, Corunna MI 48817. Please DO NOT email filings that you send through the mail.

Filings over 50 pages shall be mailed or hand delivered to the clerk’s office. Time sensitive filings may need to be mailed overnight or hand deliver. If you have a question regarding the best way to file large documents, please call 989-743-2262 #3.

If you file your pleading via email DO NOT mail a hardcopy. The emailed copy is deemed the original.

PAYMENTS FOR FINES, COURT COSTS AND RESTITUTION can be made in person, by mailing a check  ($500.00 maximum accepted for personal check) or money order to SHIAWASSEE COUNTY CLERK, 208 N SHIAWASSEE ST, CORUNNA MI 48817 or online click here



Attorney General - Expungement Checklists

Michigan Legal Help - Expungement Took Kit

Pay Online - Circuit Court Criminal Fines, Costs and/or Restitution here


Personal Protection Order Forms

NonDomestic PPO


Notice of Hearing on Petition for PPO

Motion to Modify, Extend or Terminate a PPO



Helpful Links:

Link to SCAO forms click here

Michigan Legal Help - a part of the Michigan Advocacy Program


Passport Application Not currently accepting passport applications.

You must apply in person in the Clerk's office for a passport. Current driver's license or other photo ID must be presented at time of application. A certified birth certificate and 2 passport photos must be sent with application. The birth certificate will be returned with your passport. Children under the age of 16 must have both parents present for signatures on the application. It takes 4-6 weeks for the application to be processed and the passport is valid for 10 years. Passports for children under the age of 16 are valid for 5 years.

Applications may be obtained from the US Department of State's Web Site - (Department of State forms are PDF - Reader Application Required)


  • Passport book application fee (under 16 years old): $80.00
  • Passport book application fee (16 years or older): $110.00
  • Passport card application fee (under 16 years old): $15.00
  • Passport card application fee (16 years or older): $30.00
  • Processing fee: $25.00
  • Passport pictures: $10.00