News & Announcements

Shiawassee County Board Positions

The Shiawassee County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve on a number of Boards and Committees.  County residents interested in being considered for an appointment should submit a cover letter stating their interest and resume to: Board of Commissioners, 201 N. Shiawassee Street, Corunna, MI. 48817 or by e-mail to

The following Boards may have upcoming vacancies.  Required areas of representation noted.

  • Agriculture Preservation Board
            Agriculture Representative
            Real Estate Representative
            Township Representative
            Conservation Representative
  • Construction Board of Appeals
              Building Contractor
              Architect/Building Contractor
              Building/Mechanical/Plumbing Contractor
              Plumbing Contractor
              Electrical/Heating Contractor
  • EDC (Brownfield Authority)
  • GLS Region V
              Elected Official
  • Shiawassee County Community Mental Health Authority 
  • Valley Area Agency on Aging
              Advisory Council (Senior)
  • Zoning Board of Appeals (Alternates)
    Members must live within Zoning Jurisdiction
              Can't reside in a City, Village, Caledonia Township
              or Owosso Township