A Reverse 911 System
Make sure you get the call!
The Emergency Management & Homeland Security Division will foster, promote and maintain partnerships to protect our County and homeland from all hazards.
Shiawassee County will be a County where everyone is dedicated to enhancing public safety by improving our ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and threats to our homeland.
To foster and promote an emergency management system that protects and effectively responds to county emergencies and disasters, both manmade and natural.
This office is tasked with coordinating efforts to Mitigate situations that could become hazards to our community. Part of that effort is to Prepare individuals, governmental units and businesses, should a disaster or emergency occur. Should an incident occur, we must now be able to Respond in an efficient manner to protect lives, property and the environment. Recovery from the effects of the emergency or disaster is often the most difficult task. This utilizes a number of resources, in a coordinated effort to restore our community, back to level of normalcy, after a large scale disaster.
Services offered by the Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security include the following:
- Preparedness planning: Providing informational presentations to groups and organizations.
- Working with various Governmental units to benefit from Federal grant opportunities.
- Mitigation-Coordinating emergency management activities with a variety of disciplines.
- CERT - Citizen Emergency Response Team: Volunteer organization training.
- LEPC - Local Emergency Planning Committee: Local planning for chemical incidents.